INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE Accomplished Information Technology Leaderwith more than 20 years hands on experience designing, executing and managing effective systems and web centric operations and solutions. Strong leader with motivational management style and reputation for building and retaining highly motivated project and operations teams. Results oriented with excellent track record for process improvement and leading change within an organization.
| Cloud Native Design|| Technical Architecture|| Team Building and Development|
| DevOps & Automation|| IT Service Management and Delivery|| Risk Management|
| Cloud & Infrastructure Management (IaC)|| Capacity Management|| Data & Platform Security|
Vice President, Information Technology Apr 2018 – Present
|Intrado Corporation||Boston, MA|
Oversee all aspects of DevOps, Cloud and Infrastructure for the newly formed West Digital Media Solutions division. Moved into role as part of the $335M sale of the Nasdaq Corporate Solutions business to West Corporation.
- Manage global team of site reliability engineers focus on the principles of DevOps and Developer Enablement.
- Maintain the reliability and 24x7 availability of the Intrado Digital Media Solutions product portfolio, which produces over 16,000 webcast per year and hosts just over 3,000 Investor Relation sites (including 63% of the fortune 500).
- Provide project leadership across all platform’s migrations and new product infrastructure builds.
- Budget oversight for all capital and operational expenditure including a $6 million/year AWS spend.
Key Duties :
- Led the digital transformation and Cloud adoption with the introduction of Infrastructure as Code and the creation the Cloud Native CI/CD pipeline.
- Initiated programs to reduce over-all Cloud spend by over 20% leveraging AWS savings plans and architecture re-sizing.
- Currently defining and implementing Containerization strategy with a focus on “Cloud Native” designs and solutions.
Associate Vice President, Head of Web Operations Jun 2013 – Apr 2018
Responsible for leading the Global Web Platforms Operations team supporting all the Web platforms across Nasdaq, directly reported to the SVP Global Head of Operations.
- Led a technology team of 42 globally based employees including 5 Directors.
- Presented to C-Suite on regular briefings around technical risk and operational review meetings.
- Partnered with business stakeholders and represented technology on numerous high-profile customer engagements, outreach calls and RFP engagements.
Key Achievements :
- Was responsible for the development and creation f the 24x7 globally based support model and team structure needed to help meet demands and growth of the $400M IR and Corporate Solutions Web Platforms.
- Oversaw the migration of several key platforms from a legacy Data Center hosted to NextGen AWS Cloud solutions.
- Led team in the deployment and adoption of AppDynamics and Splunk within Nasdaq Web platforms that lead to the consecutive year over year reduction in technical impairments by over 21%.
Head of Corporate Services Application Support Sep 2007 – Jun 2013
|Thomson Reuters||Boston, MA|
Led a global team technology team responsible for a technology product portfolio of web platforms which generated over $350M in annual revenues.
- Managed a globally based team of 18 including 2 Senior Managers.
- Was responsible for the operational support, service, design, and delivery of an application infrastructure consisting of over 700 Microsoft, Sun, Linux, Oracle and SQL based systems.
- Collected and reported on key metrics and regular briefings to senior management.
Key Achievements :
- Successfully restructured team and implemented automation solutions reducing operating costs by over $300K while improving the service support SLA by 15%.
- Designed and implemented a custom web-based support dashboard and process workflows changes which helped reduce MTTR by over 60%.
- Led the design and implementation of a $4M Data Center Migration and Disaster recovery project. Helped to product $ 45M in annual revenue through improved hardware, software and new Business Continuity and DR procedures.
Project Manager Server Engineering 2005 – 2007
|Putnam Investments||Boston MA|
- Multi-platform server operations project manager for an environment of 1000+ servers running various versions of Windows, Solaris and Linux.
- Oversaw a team of server engineers. Supervised projects, managed escalation protocol, developed performance plans and conduct employee reviews.
- Managed large-scale group projects as needed.
Other positions held at Putnam Investments:
Senior Server Administrator Team Lead 2003 – 2005
Server Administrator 2001 – 2003
LAN Integrator Team Leader 1999 – 2001
Senior LAN Integrator 1997 – 1999
LAN Integrator 1995 – 1997
CO-OP 1994 – 1995
Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA 2007
BS in Management Information Systems , University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA 1994
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Public, Docker, Kubernetes, Nodejs, Akamai, Incapsula, Terraform, Jenkins, Git, AppDynamics, Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog, Microsoft Windows Server 2016-NT4.0, Microsoft Windows 10/7/2000, Sun Solaris 8 & 9, Red Hat Linux AS, CentOS, Splunk, BladeLogic, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, HP OpenView, VERITAS NetBackup, Altiris, Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, Trend Micro , IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Tenable, Bootstrap